KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

I need to appeal child support and visitation what forms do

Customer Question

I need to appeal child support and visitation what forms do I use to appeal associate judge
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I can't afford one
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My work wouldn't let me off work for court. They got supervised visits and 600 month child support
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I did lose my temper a few times with her and she recorded it and her lawyer hates me as it is
JA: Our top Family Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Family Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Family Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can send a copy of temporary orders
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. What state are you located?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tx in tarrant county
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If the order was issued by the associate judge and was issued less than 7 business days ago, under Texas law you can file a request for de novo hearing and have the elected district judge hear your facts.

However, if it was more than 7 working days ago or the order was made by the presiding judge, you can file a motion for new trial within 30 days of the date the order was signed. I hope this helps with your question.

Remember, under Texas Family Code if you did not appear, the judge can take in account other factors to arrive at an order that deviates from guidelines one way or another, that is why you must file the request for new hearing or appeal.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was filed last heard last two Friday's ago. And is there a template for that
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.

There are no forms for this type of motion for a new trial. You would be asking for a new trial and the court in its discretion can deny the request, so I recommend hiring an attorney to draft the necessary appeal motion and supporting paperwork. It is complex and its better to file appeals of this type with an attorney.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't afford attorney
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.

The court may have a pro- se assistance attorney who can help you fill out the appeal, but the only way to know for sure, is to go to the court an ask. the time frames for filing the appeal are strict and the court will not waive the dates for filing, so think about my advise and seek some in person assistance.