Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

My ex husband and I have already been to court and he was

Customer Question

My ex husband and I have already been to court and he was advised to meet with a mediator, which we did, to figure out how he start paying off spousal support. He came up with an agreement that we signed and he is now laid off again for 4 months and not paying anything. He has lied to the court, me and the mediator, although he was warned he could be thrown in jail for contempt of court. He gets laid off for 4 months and does not do much of anything. He told us this would not happen again, he would get transferred to another department, another lie. Do I have ground to take him back again and get the back spousal support that was granted me through the Court System?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

Yes, if he induced you into the agreement fraudulently then the court would consider setting aside the agreement and ordering the spousal support you are owed. Alternatively, you can ask the court to enforce your written agreement.