How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11364
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Arizona my mom lives in California in April of

Customer Question

I live in Arizona my mom lives in California in April of 2013 I asked social services to check on my mom who was living with my brother and was not being taken care of and possibly suffering from verbal abuse. I don't think they talked to my mom because she would never come to the door she was 85 at the time. My sister finally took my mom to her house when she found my mom malnourished and down to 94 pounds. My mom has been at my sisters since then and now has dementia. My brother is now taking my sister to court for conservator ship and wants her to come home. Long story short to get the records I need a court order how do I do that since I live in Arizona and she lives in California . I'm sure there's not much in the records but I thought it would help my sister so she could let the court know back in 2013 we were concerned about her welfare.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about these issues with your mom, how stressful. What records do you want to get, the ones from Social Services?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.

I assume you spoke with someone and they told you the records will only be released with a court order?

Related Family Law Questions