Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am having surgery on the 24th this week and wanted to do a

Customer Question

I am having surgery on the 24th this week and wanted to do a quick will just leaving everything to one person. I want to make sure my assets don't end up in probate. I have a home with some equity and some savings. What do I need to make sure the form says in order to be legal? I assume it needs a notary?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please tell me:

1) The person you want to leave all things to - is this your spouse?

2) If so, is their name already on the deed of the property or not? If so, then was their name put on there AT the time that the property was purchased?

3) Please tell me if you have any children with the spouse or with anyone else, or parents, or siblings?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!