P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

I am 78 years old, have been on ss since age 62. Will the

Customer Question

I am 78 years old, have been on ss since age 62. Will the new law effect my status?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpIf you are already claiming SS, and have been for some time (in your case, over 10 years) the changes to the law that was recently passed will have no impact on you. The law you are referring to tightened up the rules that allowed some folks to manipulate the timing of collection of Social Security benefits in order to maximize delayed retirement credits. So this may impact folks who have not yet started to claim SS. It will have no impact on you.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.