Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Divorced illegal husband. Did not ask. He has an ITIN, yet

Customer Question

Divorced illegal husband. Did not ask for alimony. He has an ITIN, yet reports false income. What can I do?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: lawyer said if I can not prove wages earn then he can lie
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: married several years. seperated 2 years. I stayed at home doing small jobs here and there. He works full time manager of meat department in supermarket. He send money to Mexico. Soon after divorce a Columbian woman and her two children move into the house he rents. He takes care of her. She may be getting goverment money to pay housing, food ect
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: We file taxes together in 2014.
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: He lies on his taxes
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding this matter?
What state is this in? What is the total length of the marriage (as a short term marriage would not entitle anyone to alimony)?