Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to file a modification to have the father pay

Customer Question

I want to file a modification to have the father pay postsecondary support to our daughter that is full dependent upon me for all expenses including health and dental insurance and will be a full time student beginning August 2017 right after graduation with her 18th birthday bring February 2017 prior to graduation.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Minor child has a diagnosed stomach condition called Irritable Bowel Syndrome that is following closely by myself, gastro doctors along with Meds and treatments trying to get this under control. Any additional stress causes an inflammatory process to occur and that's why being fully dependent upon the mother full time and not working or becoming independent is in the best interest of the minor child until atleast the age of 21. During this time she will almost be done with veterinarian school
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am in the state of Florida. Father has been income deducted for the past several years, but prior to that he did not pay, so he does have back pay in the amount of close to 10k. Not sure if this helps
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I see that you'd like to file a modification to require the father pay support through postsecondary education. How can I assist you?