Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Fulton County, Georgia I have a "Final Consent Order" that

Customer Question

Fulton County, Georgia
I have a "Final Consent Order" that needs to be nullified. I would like to download the form and file the petition without an attorney due to lack of funds.
Can someone tell me which form(s) I need to use and the process?
I looked for an information packet on the court website and didn't find anything that seemed to fit my situation.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is related to a divorce. Both parties agreed to keep children from a specific person. The wife wants to reverse/cancel the order. The husband doesn't want to reverse the order.Which is the proper form to.ask the court to reverse the order? Whats the best and cheapest way to serve the other party?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The reason you are not finding anything that fits your situation is that if this was a "consent order" they do not have forms to undo a consent order. If you want to vacate a consent order, you need specific grounds, such as it was illegal or it was obtained by fraud. The motion to vacate/set aside the consent order has to be done on a regular blank motion form and must be accompanied by a memorandum of law citing your grounds to set it aside and your grounds and proof that it is qualified to be set aside. Many people believe law is practiced with cook book forms and while the courts make many forms available now, they do not make all forms available and this is one that is not available and has to be drafted from scratch on a regular motion form.