How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4816
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an existing default divorce decree what do i need to

Customer Question

I have an existing default divorce decree what do i need to file to find out what type if any visitation with our three children I am entitled too? I have not seen or talked to our children in over 7 months.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Have you gone to the courthouse to get a copy of the case file yet? I ask because, assuming the contents are not under seal, you should be able to see what's in the file without dong anything. One of the documents in the court file should be the final custody order, which will outline what custody rights you were given (if any) by the court.

Related Family Law Questions