Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.

I have an existing default divorce decree what do i need to

Customer Question

I have an existing default divorce decree what do i need to file to find out what type if any visitation with our three children I am entitled too? I have not seen or talked to our children in over 7 months.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Have you gone to the courthouse to get a copy of the case file yet? I ask because, assuming the contents are not under seal, you should be able to see what's in the file without dong anything. One of the documents in the court file should be the final custody order, which will outline what custody rights you were given (if any) by the court.