Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My QDRO was finalized on my ex-husband's 401k, and I got a

Customer Question

My QDRO was finalized on my ex-husband's 401k, and I got a letter that there wasn't enough in the 401k to equal my share, so I got the whole amount remaining, but I don't know how much I was entitled to that I didn't get. He can still take half of mine, but he hasn't filed QDRO yet. Any way to reduce what he would have gotten out of mine by his shortage? How can I find out his shortage since Verizon and Fidelity won't tell me?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You need to bring the matter to the attention of the Court and ask the Court to order your ex-husband to disclose that information to you. You would also request that the Court reduce your ex-husband's share of your retirement to offset the shortage from his. You would do this by way of a Motion to the Court. You can obtain blank Motion form at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.