Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My ex keeps introducing our 6 year old daughter to s

Customer Question

My ex keeps introducing our 6 year old daughter to his revolving door of women. She just the other day met girl number 3 in 8 months. We haven't even been divorced a year. My daughter also has to sleep with her dad and every girlfriend he is with at the time. She has no bedroom of her own. Every girl he has dated or seen also has grown sons who are 18 years and older around my daughter. His 2 previous girlfriends has felony charges of theft and his current girlfriend has 2 assault family violence charges and 2 child endangerment charges. Is this enough to take him back to court for modification? I am very worried and concerned for my child's safety and well-being.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, this should be justification for filing a motion to modify visitation to require the father not to have overnight female guests when your child is staying there. Even without the criminal histories of these people, most judges don't want the new girlfriend staying overnight when the child is there -- it's just very awkward and uncomfortable for the child, and judges don't want to place a child in a stressful situation.

So, this certainly should be a legitimate basis to ask the judge for a modification......at least to prohibit overnight guests of the opposite sex UNLESS he remarries and the person is his new spouse.