Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I've been married yrs. I want to divorce my husband. First,

Customer Question

I've been married for 28 yrs. I want to divorce my husband. First, I'm on permanent disability and my disability comes from the railroad because he works for Amtrak. Secondly, the house is in his name. He's expressed a few years ago that he's not moving out which is fine. After taking care of his Mom until her death there's no longer gor me to continue to let this so call marriage go on. My question actually is can I get the equity in the house? That would be a blessing in starting my new life
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me: is your name on the deed of the home? Or, not? Is his?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.