Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence

I appeared yesterday hearing on an Order to Show Cause and

Customer Question

I appeared yesterday for a hearing on an Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for Contempt that was filed against me. At the hearing an arraignment date was set.
At what stage is it timely to file a Peremptory Challenge against the hearing judge ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 7 months ago.

It must be before the judge makes any orders and within ten days of being assigned. Do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How does it apply if it's a post judgment matter and it's a judge assigned for all purposes ??

It must be within ten days of the assignment for all purposes. Did that occur before the Judgment was entered?