Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I am a grandmother I have a 4 yr old grandson HE LIVED WITH

Customer Question

I am a grandmother I have a 4 yr old grandson HE LIVED WITH ME BEFORE HE WAS ONE AND A HALF HIS MOM WAS ON DRUGS AND SO WAS MY SON SHANES DADDY HE WILL BE 5 MAY 5 2016. mY SON GETS OUT OF PRISON IN JUNE HAS A LIST OF JOBS TO APPLY FOR AND HE WANTS TO START WELDING SCHOOL AFTER HE IS OU FOR A MONTH. hE WANTS AND NEEDS TO SPEND TIME WITH SHANE. HE HAS BEEN IN FOR 2 YRS HE WAS ABLE TO TALK TO HIS SON ON PHONE TILL HIS MOM QUIT BRINGING HIM OVER . THE PROBLEM IS SHANE DIDNT LIKE GOING WITH HIS MOM SHE IS ALSO A DRINKERAND SHE STILL DOES DRUGS. sHANE DOESNT LIKE BEING WITHHIS MOM AND HE TELLS HER SO. SHE LIKES POSTING ON FACE BOOK BUT HASN POSTED PIICS OF HIM LATELY. i HEAR SHE IS HAVING HIM BRAIN WASHED THE CASRWORKER i HAD TALKED TO DOES NOT RETURN MY CALLS H ER PHONE # ***** ***** CONNECTED i LEAVE MESSAGES WITH HER SUPERVISOR i AM IN FLORIDA I KNOW i HAVE NO RIGHTS BUT iAM TRYING TO PROTECT MY GRANDSON.DOES THE FBI INVESTIGATE THIS??
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid the FBI does not investigate unless it is an interstate child abduction. If this is a potential abduction, then the FBI will investigate, but they will start by going through DCF first to see what information DCF has. If DCF knows where the child is located and claims the child is not in danger, then the FBI will not investigate any further and that would be all you can do in a case like this.
While you have very few grandparents rights in FL, if you can prove the mother is unfit, you can still fight in court to get custody of the child away from her so, it if the FBI cannot go further with this, you would need to hire a local family lawyer and try to prove the mother is unfit and a danger to the child and that is the only hope you have to try to get the child away from her and out of a dangerous situation. It is a hard case to win, but that is the only remaining hope you would have here.