socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Sherrie gibbs, i just received an at-issue memorandum

Customer Question

sherrie gibbs
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just received an at-issue memorandum for trial setting by a paralegal hired by my husband....the document does not have a stamp from the courts and does not display the correct address or phone number for my husband. is this ligitimate?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

As long as the document that is served on you is substantially identical to the document filed with the court, and it is accompanied by a proof of service, then it's properly served. That it may not have a file stamp is irrelevant, as long as the same document is actually filed with the court.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!