Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son died on 2/10/16 He was receiving social security

Customer Question

My son died on 2/10/16 He was receiving social security (SSI) Was he entitled to his benefit check for the month of February rec'd (deposited in the bank ) of 3/3/16?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you want to know ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

The SSI check received the month of death and thereafter must be returned. The beneficiary is only entitled to benefits if they lived the entire month.