Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Had tons of personal issues, grandbaby died at birth,

Customer Question

Had tons of personal issues, grandbaby died at birth, another grandchild born early. Life was not kind to us and we did pay full amount of insurance, 485 to State farm as soon I realized I missed payment. My bill is completely paid til July. I received a notice from NYS DMV Plates need to be surrendered for 10 days. I would pay the daily fee, but they will not accept it. Obviously I did this once before in a 36 month period when I or my husband had heart surergy. We need our vehicles to keep our jobs. Help. This is ridiculous, I was actually the first patient to have the Heart surgery, Davinici done to me so that others could benefit from it. Help, What can I do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry about your situation. Are you asking whether there is a way around having your plates suspended for 10 days based on nonpayment of the insurance? Thanks,

Michael