Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I was sued, my petition asked relief but did not specify

Customer Question

I was sued for custody, my petition asked for general relief but did not specify credit as a disabled obligor, by accident , i did file financial forms witht eh court showing i was receiving social security. the judge never asked any question about our financial forms he just ordered me to pay child support. over a yare and a half go by we go back to court, I ask for credit as a disabled obligor. hes said he would give it but came back and said we had to get the attorney genral child supoort officeinvolved, I had been paying the child support but the attornye genreals office stopped it and would not take payments, but they show the arrears. on the form.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I asked the attorney genrals office for help they wont they dont consider it to be r their problem , the judtge said there was no offset before the court is why he did not grant of deny it. but I did infact on paper request credit. he told me to file a motion to modify but they still wont grant the credit or holda hearing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: yes no body is contesting the fact that I am on disabilty or that my ex recieves child support payments for my son. Now I guess im forced into filing a appeal im 50 days into the dead line.
JA: Our top Family Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Family Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Family Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding this situation?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is there a way to get credit as a disable obligor at this point with out having to file an appeal
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid only the court can grant you the reduction based on your disability and if the court has not done so, then an appeal is your next step.