How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 24947
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live apartment in New Jersey. My husband just passed away

Customer Question

I live apartment in New Jersey. My husband just passed away and I want to know if the landlord can ask me and son to leave. Are name is ***** ***** the least. The least up August but I want to before August. Mine husband have exwife claiming that she has some valuable baseball cards or basketball. I'll told her if I can find them I will give it to her as long as her grown children don't come in my house and take to include her I will give it to them. I'll don't thing somebody come to house take what they want there was no will I know my husband told me if I want to give or keep it up to me. I'll told his ex-wife that you divorce 16 years ago you should ask for them she told they were stolen. She should ask that in court. What what do you think I should do about this I'm trying to be fair but I don't want nobody coming to my house and take what they want I'm going to change the lock on the door.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. His ex wife would not be entitled to anything. If she has any legal right, interest or claim to something, it would have been given and ordered to her in the divorce. Right now, those personal items belong to his Estate. If there was no will, his possession and assets will be distributed accordingly and I have provided a link below, that describes what your legal rights are and those of his son or other children. His ex wife can not enter your home, can not take anything and unless she has something in writing to evidence a legal right to something, her claim will fail.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions