Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My child has been terminated from a private school under

Customer Question

My child has been terminated from a private school under fals pretences and slanderous remarks from a clearly belligerent and bias administrator. We have good reason to believe this person d unsubstantiated hearsay to terminate our son. In every alleged infraction they have repeatedly said "others have come to us". This adiminstrator in question called my wife and in a belligerent tone called my son a bully based on 3rd party and her opinion. We tried to place him in another school and the records received by this administrator were so bad we were told by the new school that His character was in question. We want him out of that school but it appears now this admin is out to destroy his future.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the administrator is making known false statements about your son, then the next step here is a suit against the school and administrator for libel and also the common law tort of false light, in that the school is publishing information about your son to others to cause him to be viewed in a false light by others. The only way to resolve this matter now is by filing suit in court against the school and seeking a court judgment for money damages as well as an injunction to prevent the school or its employees from making any further negative remarks about your son.