Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My two grandsons ages 3 and 4 are homeless and living in a

Customer Question

My two grandsons ages 3 and 4 are homeless and living in a van with there mother in Portland,Oregon she and my son were not married ,and she left without letting us know last March and we have not seen them since ,she was staying in a place called My Father House a shelter for family but got kicked out and I want to get them home to Ohio . I am not sure that the boys are still with her and worry if they are OK the 4 year old has autism and need a normal home
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is your legal question about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I get emergency custody of my grand kids who are homeless in Oregon and I live in ohio

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, unless the Child Protective Services pursue some type of legal action to terminate custodial parent's parental rights or some other legal action based on child neglect and/or abuse, I am afraid there would generally not be sufficient legal basis to pursue a petition for child custody in Oregon.

So, generally the only option in similar situation would be to report any abuse or neglect of the minor child(ren) to the Oregon Child Protective Agency and/or to the local police in Oregon.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.