Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I filed a motion over a year ago child support to be

Customer Question

Hi. I filed a motion over a year ago for my child support to be modified when my sons father was making more money than he was claiming to make.
The AG took over a year to get this completed and I missed the meeting at the AG.they set the new amount based on unemployment. Now I was served with papers saying it's been modified and to take it to my lawyer within 20 days.
Is it too late to be fixed? He's now working again.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I filed the modification he was living in a 600,000 dollar home.
He was not keeping my sons insurance up to date. Always dropping it. Not paying his half on medical bills. So I filed the modification with the AG.
He since then was laid off and put on unemployment and downgraded to a 400,000 dollar home .
I guess i missed the letter in the mail for the mewing a few weeks ago. So my child support was lowered from 1350 to 168.00. I was served with the papers today and told I have 20 days to reapond to them. I do not know who to reapond to. Also can I get This fixed? He's now working again and making money.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to respond to the motion and object to the reduction and make him go to court with you and prove with his income receipts and tax returns what his income is. If he is still able to afford a $400,000 house, he likely also has more income than he is showing, so as part of the case in court you can get his tax returns to prove his income.
Yes, you can get it fixed, but you must respond to the papers within 20 days and not miss any further meetings and you need to argue he is working again and has the income to pay proper support.