Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

Stepmother in Md. refusing to allow any contact with

Customer Question

Stepmother in Md. refusing to allow any contact with disabled adult by mother or siblings after father death.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been 3mo. trie to call on his birthday 3/9 no and or call back . Chris is 42 and mentally disabled. She (his step moth) is his advocate but not legal guardian.
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

The best records would be for a suitable family member to petition for guardianship in the Maryland Circuit Courts. There are packets of forms being developed so you can do this without an attorney, but they are not yet complete. You may want to check with your local courts to see if they have created local guardianship packets or instructions. If not, you would have to hire an attorney to prepare the petition for you. Do you have any other questions?

Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

*recourse, not records.