How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steven K. Your Own Question
Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2363
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Steven K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is trying to get s divorce papers from Mexico,

Customer Question

My husband is trying to get his divorce papers from Mexico
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Well as far as he remembers in 1998 in Mexico they filed for divorce. He came to Los Angeles CA in 1999 we married here in U S in 2006 we want to renew our vows but the church is asking for divorce certificate
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not really. I just really want to resolve this we already paid vendors and church is booked for June 4
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Family Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

What exactly is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how can I find out if he is actually divorce in Mexico he has had no contact with ex for fifteen years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

Do you know which state in Mexico it would have happened in?

Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

And do you speak Spanish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mexico City distrito federal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I speak Spanish
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

You should check with the Registro Civil. At the bottom of the page, you will see references to divorce. They maintain the divorce records there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will try that thanks you. Also is it true that it would show on the thier marriage certificate ?
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

Although that page refers to commencing the actions, that is the agency that maintains the records.

Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

That agency keeps track of marriage records as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you for your service Goodbye
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. If you have not already done so, I'd appreciate if you would rate my service so that I may get credit for my work. Thank you!

Related Family Law Questions