Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

A friend of mine filed a medical malpractice lawsuit in 2007

Customer Question

A friend of mine filed a medical malpractice lawsuit in 2007 in New York City as guardian of her child, who was injured in the birthing process. In 2013, she and her husband received a divorce decree in the state of Rhode Island. The decree ordered that her ex-husband be put in charge of the lawsuit in New York, as he was determined to be the child's primary caregiver. Is the decree from Rhode Island valid in New York City?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally Yes.

A court of one state would be given a full faith and credit to a ruling / order / decree from another US state.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Thank you.