Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

My husband, daughter, and I live in California. My husbands

Customer Question

My husband, daughter, and I live in California. My husbands first wife & 1 biological daughter lives in Texas, how or where do we file child support papers?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

Is your husband seeking to establish or modify a child support order as to his daughter that lives in Texas? If there is an order already, in which state is it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They got divorced in GA. We are looking to modify it based on cost of living & salary. California & Texas has a significant cost of living difference.

If either party wants to modify, they have to modify in the state where the other parent lives. So if your husband initiates modification, he will have to do so in Texas. Do you have any further questions?