Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I co-signed a truck with my ex 7 years ago. I have asked her

Customer Question

I co-signed a truck with my ex 7 years ago. I have asked her repeatedly to refinance the car so I could by myself one. Can i go pick up the truck?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of lawyer do I need to get help with this situation. I need are car or I'm going to loose my house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Whose name is ***** ***** title, not the loan? When you divorced, did the court award her the truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both people and it says both people have to sign off to release it to sell or by. And is on title
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were never married
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a ex girlfriend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Truck is in charge off status since 2012.. and it's still owed 10,000 on the loan. They bank don't care about it.
Thank you for your reply.
If both names are ***** ***** title, you can get a tow truck or you can go in person if you have a key and do so without disturbing the peace, and you can take the car, since she will not refinance it as agreed. Of course once you do so, if both of you need to sign off, the chances of her agreeing to sign off would be slim.
Your other recourse is to file suit against her for reimbursement or to make her turn over the car to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok..yes she will play head games
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I file a law suite and what kind of attorney?
Thank you for your reply
A general litigation attorney can handle this for you. I would get the truck first then sue for reimbursement and ask the court to order she refinance or sign the truck over to you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.