Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

As my grandparent's Power of Attorney, what are my

Customer Question

As my grandparent's Power of Attorney, what are my financial rights and limitations?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you have a general, durable power of attorney, then you have the same rights as your grandparents to act in all capacities. In other words, you can do everything they could do for themselves. BUT, you have a fiduciary duty to your grandparents -- which is the highest duty under the law. This means that everything you do must be for them and in their best interests. So any money you spend would have to be done for their benefit.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks.