Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter took 6 extra thyroid pills last weekend, and

Customer Question

My daughter took 6 extra thyroid pills last weekend, and spoke with a teacher regarding this. I was given a couple names for counseling. i prefer somewhere else,but may not be able to get in until next week. I feel pressured, but know what I prefer. Curious am I with in my rights as a Parent?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I'm not sure what rights you are referring to. Are you referring to the right to choose whether or not your child seeks counseling, or with whom?

2. Has the school in any way punished your daughter?

3. What state are you in?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Doug