Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My ex wife d the fact that her 96 year old step dad got

Customer Question

my ex wife hid the fact that her 96 year old step dad got arrested for molestation 12 days ago and i just found out how can i help my kids?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I'll be happy to help you. First, let me just say I'm so sorry you find yourself in this situation. I know this can't be easy. The first question I have for you is what would you like to do? Are you looking to take away primary custody? Do you want to just limit contact with the stepfather?

Depending on what type of relief you're looking for, I would encourage you to file a motion either for change of custody or other relief you may be seeking (preventing certain people from having access to your children, preventing them from living in the home - if they do, etc.). You can do this with the aid of an attorney or pro se (n your own). The court can assist you by providing you with a packet of material which will contain motion paperwork, which walks you through how you complete a motion, file it with the court and serve it on the other side. You may simultaneously wish to contact CPS to make them aware of the situation. I always encourage patients to work on multiple fronts to get the relief they're looking for. You're doing the right thing to protect your children. Please let me know if I have satisfactorily responded to your question. If you are satisfied, could you please take a moment to rate my response. We only get credit if the customer is satisfied AND ALSO submits a positive rating. I can also continue responding/clarifying my response to questions even after you submit your positive rating. It was a pleasure working with you. I know you're in a tough situation, and if I can be of additional service at a later date please don't hesitate to reach out.

Hi. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance; I'd be happy to help you. If you are satisfied, I would appreciate if you would take just a moment and submit a rating of three or more stars. We don't get credit for the time we spend assisting you unless you're satisfied AND ALSO submit a positive rating. I can of course continue to help you regarding this topic and clarify anything you have questions about.

Hi. Just a friendly reminder to please submit a rating if you are satisfied with my assistance. If you need any *additional* assistance I'd be happy to help you. I know there is a ton of information out there on the internet… and I hope you consider Just Answers a great resource for educational and helpful information. We don't get credit for the time we spend assisting you unless you're satisfied AND ALSO submit a positive rating. I can of course continue to help you regarding this topic and clarify anything you have questions about as well, so don’t feel as though we have to stop communicating if you require clarification even after you submit a positive rating.