Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I moved to North Carolina about 2 months ago I have a 7 year

Customer Question

hello I moved to North Carolina about 2 months ago I have a 7 year old son his father and I went to court and agreed to summer visitations for 2 months when I moved here I found out that my sons current school is a year round facility I attempted to contact his father and explain everything to him and told him I have a year lease and I was hoping by next year to relocated to somewhere that had summer vacations he flipped out saying he is coming to get him this summer but legally I can not pull my son from school for 2 months. Also I have video of my sons father smoking weed on facebook and he sent me a text message a few months back saying he wanted to shoot up his other childs mothers house now I am really concerned for my son and no longer feel comfortable having him see his father what can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) "and agreed to summer visitations for 2 months" - who is the visiting parent? YOU or the FATHER?

2) Where did you move from before you were in NC? How long have you lived in NC?

3) Where is the decree/order from - what state?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.