Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in the state of Colorado. I was divorced in 2013. I

Customer Question

Hi.
I live in the state of Colorado. I was divorced in 2013. I am currently receiving Alimony and Child support from my Ex. He informed me last week he is getting laid off from his job. What are my rights as far as him still paying me? The agreement states that the Alimony and Child support can be modified if there is a change in income...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

If your ex's income has been reduced or terminated, then he can file a motion to modify/reduce his support obligations (alimony and child support) until he gets a new job.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

But, until he does that, then his obligation is the same to you and the child/ren.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Usually, the judge would grant him a temporary stay or reduction in his pay obligation until he gets a new job.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!