Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have been married years. My husband was a viet nam veteran

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have been married for 45 years. My husband was a viet nam veteran that was there for approximately 6 weeks. (1965-1966) About 1 1/2 years ago he was awarded 100% disability for several things. He gets a monthly check in the amount of 3415.00 per month besides his retirement check. I have decided to divorce because of abuse. He told me I would under no circumstances get any of his VA DISABILITY PAY. We live in California. I read that it cannot be considered as community property, but can be considered as spousal support. I have seen two family law attorneys and still unsure of the answer. I would like to know if I can get spousal support from the VA disability pay or is my husband right? Thank You! Debra
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle family law issues.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Hi Debra,

You asked for the phone call which is a Premium Service and I made that offer to you. Do you still need help? In order for me to call you I will need for you to accept the call offer and then provide me with your phone number.

I look forward to speaking with you,

Doug