Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in Indiana. 4 years ago my wife moved out and into

Customer Question

I live in Indiana. 4 years ago my wife moved out and into her own apartment for about 27 months. We never legally separated, just on our own. We have two kids we shared joint custody of. I paid for the kid's health and dental insurance. I stayed in the house and continued to pay the payments, taxes, insurance, repairs and upkeep myself with no help from her. After that time we tried to reconcile and she moved back in for about 13 months. She moved out again since and has been living with her friend for 6 months. We have discussed a divorce agreement, and now she is asking for half the equity in the house even though I paid it all for well over 2 1/2 years. She makes more money then me and I never asked for support or help with the insurance even though we have and had joint custody. I also continued to pay for the house myself even when she moved back in for the 13 months. Again, do I still owe her half of the equity?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

When you were together, was the mortgage paid from a joint account, where you both contribute equally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For a few months, then we got separate accounts.

And once you got separate accounts, you each paid X amount out of your own accounts? This happened while you were still together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean after she moved out the first time we got separate accounts we kept them separate even when she moved back in.

It says there is an issue with payment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean it didn't go through?

Let me try again

Still did not work. You can contact customer service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We got separate account and I'm the only one that paid the house payment she didn't contribute anything in the last three and a half years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will try to contact customer service and pay through that way my bank probably put up a fraud protection thing because it didn't recognize a bill.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked my bank account and the original $36 fee went through, but none of my questions have been answered? You asked more questions from me, but no answers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need the phone call, just to continue with this conversation please.