Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need to file temporary restraining order. My first

Customer Question

I need to file for a temporary restraining order. My first attempt was denied by the judge because he said he will not issue any restraining order without a $1000 bond. I was told that in my case a bond would not be required because There is no apparent harm that would come to the enjoined party as a result of this TRO. This is in reference to a civil suit restraining defendant from selling or sharing any info about our (plaintiffs) design or idea until the preliminary injunction hearing. I was also told that my TRO was legally deficient. I need a little help getting this straight. I need to refile for TRO tomorrow morning.

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What kind of TRO are you filing, exactly - a (a) protective order , (b) peace bond , or (c) a temporary restraining order within a civil suit?

2) What can I answer for you in regards ***** *****?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Well I am seeking a TRO for a civil suit in district court. I think I have it all figured out now though. I was able to locate rules thru google

Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Okay. Did you wish for me to cancel your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Okay I will let customer service know.