Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

Our son was served divorce papers this am in the state of

Customer Question

Our son was served divorce papers this am in the state of Tennessee. His wife is claiming he is an unfit parent and she has taken the two children in an undisclosed place. She has taken out a restraining order against him. There have never been any documented abuse situations in the past. She is from Canada and we are afraid she will run to Canada with them. He is unable to contact his own lawyer since this is Sunday. Can he do anything today to be sure the children are safe and keep her from fleeing with the children?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, unless the son has any evidence that the minor children are in some type of imminent danger or risk or imminent physical harm (in which case such situation can be reported to the police), there is not much else that can be done on the weekend and on Monday, your son's local attorney can file necessary documents with the court, to request an Emergency hearing to address all the issues related to the minor children.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.