Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

Do the forms need to be signed in front of a notary? Also,

Customer Question

Do the forms need to be signed in front of a notary? Also, what if he refuses to sign specific parts of the dissolution?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

Are you asking if your divorce/dissolution papers need to be signed in front of a notary? Also, what do you mean "specific parts of the dissolution"? He should be signing one time at the end. Thanks.

Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Uncontested Dissolution, ok it looks as if there are signatures needed on several sections but am I to write up everything based on the example Hearing outline and that is the only form that needs a signature?

Well I haven't looked at your documents and as you know experts here can't give our opinions on the legal sufficiency of your paperwork. You really have to ask a local attorney about the legal sufficiency of the documents. JustAnswer experts can help with legal information/generalities about cases LIKE yours but can't give you legal advice. In an uncontested dissolution, you both have to agree on everything and sign where it's appropriate. If he doesn't sign/agree with everything, the matter will become contested and you will have to go in front of the Judge. Yes, everything must be signed and notarized.

I hope this helps! If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. Experts don't don't get credit for our time unless you review/accept. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask them below. Your satisfaction is my goal and you should not accept until you're satisfied.

Thanks,

Michael