How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11458
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in prison. he has a son. s ex pushed to get

Customer Question

my son is in prison. he has a son. his ex pushed to get married knowing that he could go to jail. they married in aug 2013 and divorced in oct or nov. 2013. they have a son 5yr old and he is wanting to see his son but we cannot get her to do the paperwork for visitation; we want to be able to take him to see his dad but we cannot get her to fill the paperwork. she has said she would but we have given her 2 forms; she lost the first so we provided a second one and still cannot recieve it. i have tried on several accounts to speak to her but she won't answer call or messages. i have offered to set up account and pay for her to let him or her email to keep my son in contact with his child. is there anything that can be done to allow my son to see his child? is there any law for parents with children who are locked up to be able to be in their childs life? we live in Rocky Mount Va. we are searching on what can be done and or who we can go to to help us to find answers to fill the void in my sons life with his child
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Has your son been deemed the legal father of his child by a court?

2. Is your son listed as the father on the birth certificate?

3. Did your son and the mother sign and file a Declaration of Paternity indicating the child is legally his?

4. Is there presently a child support order or child visitation order in place----which should have occurred in the divorce?

Thanks in advance,


Related Family Law Questions