How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to confirm that my husband has a love child he is ding

Customer Question

how to confirm that my husband has a love child he is hiding from me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he has an exgirlfriend who he has been cheating on me with. Just found out she was pregnant and had a child. he claims she is married and that this pregnancy was for her significant other. At the time I had no idea about the cheating. Now I find out that his tax returns statement much less taxable income than eveer before and I suspect that went to pretax child support payments. how do I get data to help me with knowing for sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience as I looked into this.

Court proceedings, unless sealed, are a matter of public records. As such, one can go to the courthouse in the county where either party resides, and look up family law paternity/custody cases by last name. This can help determine if there is an order of paternity.

Child support payments are not tax deductible so that would not affect one's taxable income, even if there was a garnishment.

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly
-Rate Positively-
This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!