LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I need to filed divorce by mail because i live in north

Customer Question

i need to filed divorce by mail because i live in north carolina, how do i do so. Im in the disclosure portion of the divorce
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You say you need to file for divorce but then you say that you are in the disclosure portion of a divorce. What is the true situation and what is it you need to know about?

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am in the process of a divorce.
I Live in north carolina, I now need to continue onto the disclosure portion of this divorce. Im not sure exactly what to do ad how. When it comes to serving her by mail and filing to the court by mail . The court Case is in California.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

If you need to serve documents by mail, you need to use only first class mail and you must attach a Proof of Service Document to the documents that you serve. A different person MUST fill out the Proof of Service and actually place the envelopes in the US mail.

Here is a link to the form you need for proof of service by mailing: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/pos030.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years, and I handle family law issues.

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
im sorry i cant afford the call at this time.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Not a problem. I understand.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? If so I will be happy to continue assisting you.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug