Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

Is it possible to file abuse against a parent who has been

Customer Question

Is it possible to file for domestic abuse against a parent who has been psychologically and emotionally abusive from childhood to the present day?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

Are you talking about getting a criminal case started, suing for money or getting a restraining order?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about the delayed response. I'm not sure what avenue I'm planning to take in relation to this case. I would like to talk to a family lawyer first.
Expert:  Steven K. replied 8 months ago.
This would definitely not qualify for a criminal case. The most common action in such a case is a restraining order, but most states only allow for restraining orders when there has been physical abuse or a threat of physical abuse. In what state is this?