LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

Does ex have to tell you the name etc of who is staying with

Customer Question

does ex have to tell you the name etc of who is staying with your child all day while they are at work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My ex will not tell me the name or any information of the baby sitter who is with my child every other week. She is only 4. Come to find out the baby sitter has been living with my child and ex in a camper trailer.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 9 months ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
FL
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are we still connected

Yes, thank you for your patience;I am unable to review the page while researching.

The other parent does not have to provide any information other than what is directed in the court order; however, having saying that, most courts will expect the parents to act reasonably- and keeping the parent informed as to the child's location (address, phone number, housemates) is generally presumed to be a matter of common courtesy. However, failing to do so, unless in a court order, is not considered a legal violation, but it can be used as a basis for a request for a modification of custody, particularly if the living arrangement is not in the child's best interest.

When a parent fails to keep the other parent informed re: basic information, the court will look upon it with disfavor, because it can indicate an attempt to keep the other parent in the dark as to the child's current environment.

If a parent has failed to provide basic information to the other parent, that parent may seek a court order. In situations such as that, it is best to be as detailed as possible, so that violations would be considered "knowing" and "willful" violations - the more detail the court order has, the easier it is to prove that. So for example, if the order stated that the parent would inform the other parent as to the name of any caregivers (before being hired) and any roommates (before moving in), a violation would be considered contempt, which can result in penalties such as fines, the award of attorney fees, changes in custody/visitation, and even jail time.

If the court feels that the parent unreasonably withheld vital information (ie no protective orders or safety concerns) some judges will award attorney fees incurred while attempting to secure such information.

The new living situation may also be the basis for a change of custody- for example, if the roommate or the living area is not in the best interests of the child (unsuitable).

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly
-Rate Positively-
This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!