P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I gave the grandmother half custody of my child, BC I had no

Customer Question

I gave the grandmother half custody of my child, BC I had no lawyer an thought I had to, but now my child is crying for me when she comes to pick her up, an has stopped eating an seem depressed, could I get a lawyer an have her to get a judge to give all my rights back, without going back to court?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry to be the one to bear bad news.

You can not change this without going back to court.

That simply is not possible. ONLY the court has the power to modify child custody. So if you want to regain custody (full custody)?

You will have to go back to court.

Now...if you can show that you are best suited to raise the child, the court can modify the order and grant you full custody. SO this is possible. But you will need to hire a lawyer to prepare and present the case to the judge.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.