Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Cps took my girls drug screen. ( coke) how b4 they come

Customer Question

Cps took my girls for dirty drug screen. ( coke) how long b4 they come home. They were placed with family
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were not under investigation we were tryn 2 take a child n that was taken by cps from her parents
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
CPS is going to make you enroll in drug counseling and it is likely going to require at least 3-4 clean drug tests over the next 4-6 months before CPS allows you to have them home. At this point, you need to enroll in substance abuse counseling and treatment and you are going to have to get clean and stay clean for 4-6 months before CPS will consider allowing you to have custody back. Since this just happened 2 days ago, it is way too early to think about anything other than you getting into counseling to get clean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it matter that we were not under investigatio
Thank you for your reply.
Even if you were not under investigation, if they found you tested positive that is still a basis for them to remove the children from your care.