P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My wife and I have been married years. She is still owed

Customer Question

My wife and I have been married for 37 years. She is still owed back child support plus interest (from ex-husband) and receives current support for a disabled child (now an adult). What happens with current and back child support if she dies before her ex-husband.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Her estate could pursue this. That is, if there is a court order for support, and she dies, her estate (the executor of the estate) can "stand in her shoes" and pursue the debt

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.