Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

Dobson, my girlfriend and i are moving to jupiter and woulkd

Customer Question

dick dobson, my girlfriend and i are moving to jupiter and woulkd like to have a financial agreement in lieu of marriage. is this possible
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am 71 and she is 43. I have a net worth around 9M and she may be worth 200k. I need to protect my estate in case we split but want to offer her security. Can we record a simple agreement.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Yes. Generally, in Florida a non-married couple can hire a local attorney to draft some type of an agreement / contract for support and/or assets between the couple and such agreement would be legally enforceable in the same way any other legal contract would be enforced.

You can find an experienced and skilled local civil law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to civil law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters
I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.