Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My Name is ***** *****, Regarding visitation. My two

Customer Question

My Name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Regarding visitation. My two teen-age children 15 and 13 refuse to see their father, due to a number of issues, including substance abuse. I have been forcing them to go. we are separated, I am filing for divorce in May at the 1 year mark.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have talked with their father about taking the kids to counseling, I have made appointments and he refuses to attend. Do I have to force them to go?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. If there is no court order presently in place you are not required to force them to go. You should encourage them but it is not mandatory. As you file a divorce I would suspect the judge would want to know about these issues before ordering a visitation schedule.