Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have a few files that i need to attach- quick review.

Customer Question

hello i have a few files that i need to attach-for a quick review.
however before i send the files let me ask the question
1. from the 1st doc- you can clearly see that it was an "order to enforce" and date signature by the judge- "it says no evidence to be brought"it was entered into the court minutes on feb.22.now look at the docket entries and you see everything entered-pertaining to that order-am i correct? and you see no date set for an "RMC" am i correct?3. The last document is a list of correspendance, and you see an RMC 9-14-15 and then another RMC dated Feb 2016? Now this is where the problem is, clearly a mistake by the clerk's or clerk-4. however as you can see from the first document, i had this as well as my then attorney and husbands attorney(the order to appear) we never had anything to do with or any paper work dealing with RMC
5. Now my current attorney is saying there is nothing she can do- that her order got denied- i find this impossible and incrediable to believe- she even stated i had to wait until march 30 for my husband to bring evidence- there is no way- i can wait and no way he should be allowed to bring anything based on what was said on that first document.am i correct? i dont need to wait do i?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
fyi-did you receive the files- there were 3
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please if you could delete them upon your review for others not to see thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is anyone out there reviewing my file?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I can see from the order that it states that Evidence is NOT to be taken from parties in the February 3, 2016 order. Unless the court issued a new order, your attorney is incorrect about your ex bringing in new evidence or any evidence because the order explicitly forbids it. Now, as far as the docket, it looks like there is either a mistake or the March 30 hearing was rescheduled for February 29. If they meant to reschedule the Feb 29 hearing to March 30, all your attorney could do is object to the continuance, but all continuances and calendar settings are at the discretion of the court and you cannot stop that from happening once the court makes its decisions and you would need to wait I am afraid.