Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My wife and I are separated;she is seeing someone else. I

Customer Question

My wife and I are separated;she is seeing someone else. I give her $1500 per month for child support. (2 girls - 2 and 5) However, she is threatening to take me to court to get more money from me. She refuses to give me receipts or a list of expenses.I have always been a hands on Dad. Currently I am in a diversion program and do not have a license. I currently have them 2 days per week. I desperately need legal advice so that I'm not being taken advantage of. I want to do the right thing, and I want this to be a win win. We have not filed for divorce. Thank you so much for any and all assistance.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your child support obligation would depend in your income and several other factors.....and it could be that you're paying more now that the law would require. Here's a good link that you can determine what your obligation would be under Oregon law: https://justice.oregon.gov/guidelines/

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

That said, courts usually will not order child support until/unless the parents are divorcing, divorced or legally separated.