Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex-wife divorced me in 1990 without my knowledge. She

Customer Question

My ex-wife divorced me in 1990 without my knowledge. She asked for child support for 4 children $200.00 a month per child. At the time I was unaware and unemployed. in 2000 I discovered that I owed support and was divorced. I do not owe any money to the State of california, my children are very grown, but child support continues to be taken from my salary. How can I stop it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you have paid all child support that is owed, and if your children are over age 18, you should be able to stop child support. In order to do this, you would have to file a motion with the court to end child support. Here's a good link you can read: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1200.htm